The International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors, Inc. (IALEFI) Master Instructor Development Program (MIDP) was designed to provide continuing education to individuals certified as firearms instructors. Foundation courses of the MIDP include instructor level training on the three most commonly utilized law enforcement weapon systems – handgun, rifle, and shotgun.
Different proven methodologies will be used to enhance the teaching skills of the police firearms instructor. Hands-on skills will progress from the basics to the more complex and all participants regardless of skill level will find themselves challenged. Practical exercise will put an emphasis on both practical marksmanship and operational skills.
Throughout the three day program, participants will be shown a number of drills designed to improve the performance of both proficient and problem shooters. The information presented will prove especially useful in creating a positive training experience that will ultimately result in greater officer safety
* range safety
* review of shooting fundamentals/positions
* operational skills
* basic tactics such as movement, use of cover, light management, etc.
* shooter remediation
* adult learning concepts
* coaching strategies
* course design
Student Equipment Requirements:
1) Pistol, & Concealed Carry gun and holster(s) – pistol 400 rounds, concealed carry 100 rounds.
2) Semi-auto rifle with a sling – 300 rounds and 3 magazines
3) Duty shotgun with a sling – 120 rounds (at least 20 rounds buckshot, 10 rounds slugs, bird shot okay for the rest).
4) A Black Marker, wrap around eye protection, ear protection and brimmed hat. Range appropriate apparel.
5) Hydration fluids and snacks
Lexington Police Department
4300 Airport Road
Lexington, KY 40513